My rating: 5 of 5 stars
If you’ve read “Fangirl” by Rainbow Rowell, and happened to like the fanfic that Cath wrote, then this is the book for you.
What this book is not:
– It is not the next epic fantasy story.
– It is not a contender to the HP fandom.
– It is not a typical love story.
– It is not the typical ‘chosen one’ story.
What this book is:
– It is well-written in true Rainbow Rowell fashion.
– It is a gay romance.
– It is written in a parody form. With a well-developed plot at that.
– It is funny.
– It is sweet.
If you go into this story expecting a new fantasy epic story, alike the Harry Potter world. Then you will with no doubt be disappointed.
If you, however, read this for what it is—which is a story expanded from what were supposed a fictive Fanfiction—then you will most likely enjoy it.
After reading a bunch of reviews, I believe that a lot of readers expect this to be something it’s not.
But come on… the “Villain” is called The Insidious Humdrum. I mean… Humdrum…
“FEAR THE ALMIGHTY HUMDRUM!”
^It doesn’t sound that villainous.
I liked it, though. The plot was decent, which surprised me.